Do You Have Sewer, Drain or Pipeline Concern We Can Help With?
Sewer, Drain – Pipeline Video Inspections
Since 1996 we have been specializing in Commercial & Residential Sewer, Drain,- Pipeline Video inspections. CM Burrows Inc. performs Video inspections of utility pipe lines, sewer systems, drain systems, and conduits. We use state of the art self leveling video camera equipment for inspecting all kinds of underground utility pipes. Our equipment can also determine the location of the underground pipe, give a depth of the pipe, and pin-point where the pipe is damaged. Due to an aging underground utility infrastructure Sewer-Pipeline Video inspections services are extremely important today in order to maintain our underground utility systems without any interruptions of service for the public. We provide Sewer-Pipeline Video Inspections throughout the tri-state area for Engineers, Contractors, Property Managers, Municipalities, and Homeowners.
CM Burrows Inc can inspect all types of pipelines from:
- Sewer Laterals
- Storms Drain pipes
- Liter Drain pipes
- Foundation Drain pipes
- Empty conduits for electric, telecom, or for future use
Benefits and crucial information you will receive when CM Burrows Inc. performs a Video pipe inspection:
- An analysis of the pipes integrity, breaks, fractures, holes, leaks, damage, and tree root invasion.
- The position, location, and depth of the utility pipe
- Video proof of the clogs, stoppages, and damage
- Pin-point the location, cause, and size of blockage or break
- The pitch of the sewer & drain pipes
- Eliminate the cost of exploratory dig
- Prevent waste from spilling into the ground water
- Plan maintenance and pipe cleaning recommendations
Water Line Leak Detection
Since 1996 we have been specializing in Commercial & Residential Water Line Leak Detection Services. Due to an aging underground utility infrastructure Water line leaks are becoming more common every day. CM Burrows Inc. finds, pinpoints, and locates the underground water leak. We use state of the art subsurface DLD digital leak detection equipment.
By using a step by step leak detection process and a combination of acoustic ground listening stick with ground spike for soil probing, we are able to find and pinpoint the underground water leak. We provide water line leak detection throughout the tri-state area for Engineers, Contractors, Property Managers, Municipalities, and Homeowners.
CM Burrows Inc can find leaks in the following types of water lines:
- Municipal water mains & laterals
- Commercial water mains & laterals
- Residential water mains & laterals
- Steam lines
- Cooling lines
- Heating lines
6 Common signs of an underground water leak:
- High Water bills
- Drop in water pressure
- Wet spots and pooling on the surface
- Cracking asphalt
- Sink holes
- Green soft spots on grass
Underground Utility Locating Services
Since 1996 we have been specializing in Commercial & Residential locating services of Privately owned underground utilities. Our service can help you determine the location & depth of privately owned underground utilities before you excavate or design your next project. By using a steps by step process along Radio detection precision locating equipment we are capable of marking the location & depth of underground utilities. We provide locating services of privately owned underground utilities throughout the tri-state area for Engineers, Contractors, Property Managers, Municipalities, and Homeowners.
CM Burrows Inc is capable of detecting the following underground utility types:
- Storm drain
- Telephone, cable, fiber optic
- Septic tanks
- Underground storage tanks (USTs)
- Abandoned lines
Benefits and crucial information you will receive when CM Burrows Inc. performs a underground utility inspection and why private utility locating services are needed.
- Privately owned utilities which constitutes 65% of all underground utilities in the US are not marked at all.
- The depth of underground utilities is not provided.
- Field tech has no direct contact with contractor.
Asbuilt drawings are outdated – not accurate causing confusion and profit loss.
Oil Tank Search
C.M. Burrows Inc. provides Oil Tank Search throughout the state of New Jersey and helps homeowners and Building owners determine if an oil tank is present. C.M. Burrows Inc. is experienced in performing an oil tank search, and testing in residential homes, new construction, renovations, and commercial buildings.
Why should I consider having an Oil Tank Search?
Many homes constructed were initially heated with oil. After a natural gas conversion was made underground oil tanks were forgotten about or never completely removed. We highly recommend that an Oil Tank Search be conducted to determine if an abandoned heating oil tank remains on the property.
Warning signs of an undisclosed buried oil tank:
- Home or building was constructed prior to 1975 and has natural gas heat.
- An above ground oil tank provides fuel for heat or hot water.
- Pipes are visible sticking up from the ground or driveway at the property.
- Extra lines are entering the basement from the outside and do not appear to be productive.
Hire a Professional to Perform the Oil tank Search:
The technician will first look outside and inside the home for clues that may indicate a past or current oil tank…i.e. the presence of an oil fired furnace, oil burner shut off switches, pipes, or lines exiting the foundation/ floor, patches indicative of oil lines etc. Second, utilizing electronic metal detection equipment, the technician will walk the grounds searching for any buried metallic objects. The detection equipment utilized is capable of locating metallic objects. This type of detection and visual inspections inside the home helps determine the existence of oil or storage tanks that may otherwise go undetected. If a tank is discovered, you will receive a written report detailing the location of the tank. Our report includes detailed findings and recommends the steps you should follow to avoid inheriting a potential environmental problem.
Do you need to find the locations of rebar, post-tension cables, pre-tension cables, conduits, pipes, inside a concrete slab, floor, wall, or ceiling before you cut, core, or saw.
CM Burrows Inc will perform the following steps in order to locate these materials inside the concrete.
Review old as-built drawing and interview facility personnel regarding construction design details of the concrete structure in question.
- Perform an initial visual on-site consultation with the client to determine the scope of work.
- Perform a visual inspection of the site. Inspect inside nearby utility closets to search for visual evidence of utility services.
- Perform ground-penetrating radar (GPR) test scans by scanning on top of the structure in question to determine the viability of the technology; if depth estimates are required and an object embedded within the slab is exposed, measure its depth from the surface, scan across it, and calibrate the depth scale in reference to this object.
- Create an imaginary or sketched survey grid within the entire survey area.
- Conduct a GPR survey within the entire grid.
- Mark the location of targets embedded within the concrete structure, such as rebar, post-tension cables, pre-tension cables, conduits, pipes or other potential obstructions, with chalk, paint, marker, tape, yellow, crayon, or wax pencil.
- Perform a final on-site evaluation with the client to explain the results of the survey, including a thorough explanation of any limitations or areas of concern.